Monday, February 8, 2010

Why don't you play an instrument?


Maybe you are asking for which is the link between the blog title the post title, right?
Just for now you have to trust me and let me talk about one of my favourite hobby.
Playing guitar.
I have started when I was 16 years old because I decided to build a band with two of my friends.
At the beginnig we were in three people. One of my friend has studied piano since when he was 5 years old and the other one wanted to play the bass. So i started play guitar just for a kind of game because the alternative should be to play the drum. So we needed a drumer and a singer and we found them in my high school.
This band was called Absolute Kenny (ABK) from the South Park cartoon.
We had played togheter for 6 years. We were a cover band playng different artists. We started with Smashing Pumpinks, Green Day and Beatles and we finished with some italian artists.
But one of the things that I love to do it is play guitar on the beach, in a party or at the end of one saturday night among some friends. It's so funny.
It was sad when we decided that we couldn't play togheter anymore but it was necessary. Everyone had a lot of things to do: work, university and first real girlfriend. A lot of things that take a lot of time.
But it's not a sad blog. No bad things.
But if you don't play any instrument start to play one just now. Really...

Without music life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

3 comments:

  1. I like the name of your band,it sounds so cool!I had studied guitar for one month during one of my summer holiday.So I know how hard it is to play guitar.You're wonderful to play in a band!
    Best wish for you~
    Loyal

    ReplyDelete
  2. great experience, don't be sad, howerer, people have lots of things to do, bu t the friendship will continue.remember the memories in your heart.perhaps, after few years later, you can play together on the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enrico,

    I must echo Loyal--what a great name! And it sounds as though you and your band-mates had some wonderful times. Who knows, perhaps you will play for us in seminar one of these classes?

    ReplyDelete